BARR Credit Services CAN and WILL File a Proof of Claim on Your Behalf!
- Bankruptcy is sometimes an unfortunate reality for businesses that extend credit.
- BARR Credit Services offers assistance when this occurs.
BARR as your partner, can support you:
- BARR will confirm with an attorney that they have been retained for the purposes of filing bankruptcy on behalf of your customer. Our collection activities stop once we confirm “notification.”
- When the attorney provides us with a bankruptcy case number, BARR will immediately send notification to you for your records.
- Next, BARR will file a Proof of Claim on your behalf, unless otherwise directed.
- Once BARR receives the date-stamped copy of the claim from the bankruptcy clerk, BARR will forward it to you for your records.
In the event the case has not yet been filed with the bankruptcy court:
- BARR Credit Services will continue to contact the customer’s attorney to obtain a filing date and confirm the case number.
- If the attorney ceases to represent your customer in a bankruptcy matter, collection efforts will automatically resume.
If you currently file your own Proofs of Claim and wish to continue to do so, please advise your servicing representative.
BARR will then provide only bankruptcy filing information.